Tuesday, January 6, 2009

2:365

This is my Aunt Joyce. She's a nice lady that has worked hard all her life. Definitely not an Extrovert, but not fully Introverted either. Last year, one of my resolutions was to build better relationships with my relatives. We had moved to Renton the summer before to reduce the commute time to work. We were travelling 52 miles ONE way per day!. That had to stop, so we moved away from our families, not far really but it made a difference in how we spent our days. No longer were we working/commuting for 70+% of our day. It was the farthest I had ever been from my parents and not having them 5 minutes away made a difference in my life. Aunt Joyce, though, had been that far away for years. Her presence made it easier and we began making it a habit to meet at least once a month for sushi at Sushiland. Nice and healthy and YUMMO!

During that time, we were able to reconnect, renew ourselves and just have fun over good food. It's been a while since we did this. We both had quite a few things go on last year that prevented us from getting together, but it was nice to reconnect.

No comments:

 

What now? © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner